Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Too Old?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Prewitt05's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi and welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing your story, I love your enthusiasm!

    My first AG experience was in 1994 when I purchaced Felicity for my daughter. When DD left home Felicity was packed away for future generations. Then one day I took Lizzie out of storage to finish DD's collection, but somehow got sidetracked and started my own. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Now I have several dolls and my mom has Molly. My parents are coming for the holidays and mom is bringing her Molly so we can watch the new movie together and have our own Molly & Emily Party.

    I purchase from AG, members of Host Board, garage sales, children's resale shops, eBay, local ads, thrift stores, and my personal shopper at AG Place Chicago. A great resource for all things AG is Curt's web-site.

    Again welcome and have fun! PS: I'm 47 and my mother is 72...you're never too old to love American Girl! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome! I'm 21 and in law school...and Emily likes to help me with the Torts homework, lol. I actually have 20 dolls, and I really do play with them all the time. My friends actually greet the dolls by name. My best friend always picks one or two up with a hairbrush and plays with their hair when she's here. So, even if you're worried about that, trust me, people think these dolls are pretty cool! Glad to have another 20-something on the board, and don't worry...you'll have more girls in no time!

  3. #33
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm certainly over the target age! DD got Bitty (Nicki) when she was 2 1/2. My MIL waited as long as we could and took her to AGPC for her 7th birthday. Molly came home with us and I thought she would be the only one. DH started searching ebay then I found the board. I had my first doll a month later and the rest is history. I buy from AG, Ebay, and the board. I hope you have fun with your collection and on the board.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I'm 46, and no daughters as an excuse; I joined this board well over a year ago--and I'm still a confirmed AG addict (or "Goner" as we say). [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I had 6 dolls when I joined the board--now I have 15!!

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    "The Force is strong in this one..." [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome to the right place you will be become addicted to collecting trust me. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You really cannot be too old for dolls... I started when I was in my 50s with a Target Our Generation doll and have since added a whole bunch of dolls to my collection.

    I like dressing them up according to the season and have inflicted my doll love on my co-workers by bringing one of them into the office most days.

    Taffy

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Julie! That's sweet. No worries about another thread, but I'll trust in whatever you decide to do.

    I love the photo of real Coconut with toy Coconut! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    All of you seem so nice and welcoming. I have a feeling that I'll be spending more time here!

    Another silly question: I noticed the abbreviation 'PM' not used in the context of 'private message.' What does it mean? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    Thanks!
    Erin

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, one more!

    I keep seeing "white body (name of doll)." I'm hoping for some clarification about that, too. I'm such a newbie. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

    Erin

  9. #39
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Hi, welcome to the board!!

    Don't feel as though you're too old to collect dolls. I'm turning 23 this month, and I got my first AG dolls this year. I've been a fan of Pleasant Company/American Girl for about 10ish years or so. As a child I got hooked on the historical books, but I never got a doll until I was a lot older.

    This is a really friendly board, but hold on tight to your wallet because you'll be sure to see lots of gorgeous pics of other peoples' dolls and accessories. [img]tongue.gif[/img] You just might get addicted!!

    Thanks again for introducing yourself, and have fun posting here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    35 - 36 in December - Got into this with DD she hsa 4 dolls - I just got Emily for myself

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •